Monday, August 27, 2012

Neil Young Still Old. Neil Armstrong Still Dead.

NBC is run by really, really, really smart people.  Fact checkers. Serious journalists. People we should absolutely take as the last word on the "truth." That's all I'm saying.

Crack journalists can't identify an American hero.
As you may have read, NBC News yesterday mistakenly reported, "Astronaut Neil Young, first man to walk on moon, dies at age 82." Of course, it was Neil Armstrong, not Young, who died. 
The mix-up may have come from an incident reported in a 2005 Washington Post article:
(The emcee, Rep. Tom) Feeney lauded (Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz) Aldrin as the second man to walk on the moon, following " Neil Young." Huh? Certainly he meant Neil Armstrong? 
You can see how they thought he was dead.
"We have an official position: I did not intend to say that it was Buzz Aldrin and Neil Young who were the first two men on the moon," Feeney told us yesterday. "Number two, we are printing a full retraction. And number three, it was David Crosby who I intended to say was one of the first men on the moon."




"Old man look at my life. I'm a lot like you were."

"Only I didn't walk on the moon. But I may have protested it at some point. I forget. I protested a lot of stuff. Important stuff."

Okay then.


No comments:

Post a Comment