Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Need A Drink

After yesterday's events in the Middle East and then today learning that the Marines were not allowed bullets in their guns at the Egyptian Embassy by our Ambassador who's ass was safely back in DC, I desperately need a drink. And one of the BEST drinks to take you away like a Calgon bath is the Goombay Smash. It's also nice that it has the word SMASH in it, because I do feel a lot like smashing something lately.

GOOMBAY SMASH

6 tablespoons pineapple juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup coconut flavored rum, like Malibu Rum
2 tablespoons light rum
2 tablespoons golden rum
2 tablespoons dark rum

Serve over ice.

Makes two.

If you are so inclined and/or one of those who just HAS to show off, top this with a thin slice of orange twisted prettily and a wedge of pineapple.




8 comments:

  1. There are so many code words in that drink, I'd have to have a few drown my sorrow after I insulted the Gooms and the pirates, who are known to drink rum.

    I'm not sure about orange, but it has that sinister appearance and I'm sure there's some hidden meaning.

    I don't have to explain "smash". That's like target, or any of the other violent instigators liberals lose sleep over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And BAY, like the baying of hounds used to track down escaped slaves.

      I can't think of any code in pineapple right now, but I'm sure there is one.

      Probably there's code in "Calgon, take me away!" too. 'Cause poor people never go anywhere.

      Delete
    2. Rum's easy, it's made from sugar cane, originally harvested by black slaves.

      Well, they are grown on pineapple plantations aren't they?

      Orange is a tough one though. But you're right, there's got to be some code in there somewhere.

      Delete
    3. Hmmmm...I KNOW! Oranges come from Florida which is where Jews retired...RACISTS!!!!

      I know I'm stretching...but isn't that the point? HAHAHA!

      Delete
    4. Aha! I think you've discovered a deeper level of code. I'm putting you in for a Gold Cheney Award at the next Vast Right Wing Conspiracy meeting.

      Delete
    5. OHHHH! Look at Bonwick's anagram below. Now THAT'S deep. LOL!

      Delete
  2. "Calgon, take me away" is an anagram for "aw, get manacle, okay".

    Racist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANAGRAMS! Brilliant! Imagine the code buried in virtually everything we say.

      It boggles the mind.

      Delete